Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
llowed netballs new collec
Star 
Chiefs coach Dave Rennie will round out his tenure in Hamilton at the end of the 2017 Super Rugby season to join Scottish club Glasgow Warriors.The two-time Super Rugby-winning coach has long been interested in a move overseas and with Steve Hansen extending his All Blacks contract through to 2019, Rennie will now head offshore in search of a new challenge.I have loved my time here and leave with a heavy heart, Rennie said via a Chiefs media release.Ive been fortunate to work with fantastic people and I am exceptionally proud of the men who represent us and what we have achieved over the past five years.Rennies recruitment is a major coup for Glasgow, the club securing a world-class replacement for Gregor Townsend who will take over from Vern Cotter as Scotland coach in June of next year.Rennie guided the Chiefs to the Super Rugby title in 2012 and 2013, his ability to bring through young talent highly regarded in New Zealand. Jason Spriggs Super Bowl Jersey . -- An ugly goal by Nick Bonino helped the Anaheim Ducks overcome the defensive-minded Phoenix Coyotes on a night when their ragged power play continued to struggle. Bryan Bulaga Super Bowl Jersey . Miller reached right to deflect Mikhail Grabovskis attempt with just over 2 minutes remaining in regulation, and then made two more saves in the shootout Sunday to give the Sabres a 2-1 win over the Washington Capitals. http://www.packersonlineteamstore.com/el...ersey.html . Pirlo limped out of Sundays 1-0 win over Udinese after just 13 minutes. Juventus says Pirlo underwent tests on Monday which revealed he has "a second-degree lesion to the collateral medial ligament in his right knee. Jimmy Graham Super Bowl Jersey .C. - The Carolina Hurricanes have placed backup goalie Anton Khudobin on injured reserve with an unspecified lower-body injury. Aaron Rodgers Super Bowl Jersey .B. - Sebastien Auger made 44 saves as the Saint John Sea Dogs edged the visiting Acadie-Bathurst Titan 2-1 on Saturday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. Coach Rob Wright admits the NSW Swifts could also lose their fanbase after losing their biggest stars to Australian netballs three new expansion sides.But after pledging to rebuild the trans-Tasman era powerhouse from the bottom up, Wright believes it will ultimately be for the greater good.Beaten grand finalists in the last two seasons, the Swifts were by far the hardest team hit by the feeding frenzy that followed netballs new collective bargaining agreement, which will see 80 players share a pool next year of almost $5.5 million.They face a barren short-term future with the departures of Sharni Layton, Caitlin Thwaites (Collingwood), Kim Green and Susan Pettitt (Giants) and Stephanie Wood (Sunshine Coast Lightning).The teams 2016 MVP, Kiwi Laura Langman, is also expected to join the Melbourne Storm-backed Lightning.Wright concedes hes disappointed with the extent of the exodus, but far from disheartened.We could worry about whats happened but in reality its pretty exciting, Wright told AAP.Over the last three years weve built something pretty special, I think, but obviously with the new comp, opportunities abounded.I dont think its just us, theres a lot of teams looking very different and three new ones. I think its great for netball.Im hoping it means the fanbase continues to grow for the entire sport because to me, this is about making sure netball becomes the premier sport, really.The sport is bigger than any team.Wright said it was imppossible to deny any players seeking a late-career payday in a sport where salaries have been sub-par for so long.ddddddddddddYoure a long time retired, he said.I would never begrudge them the opportunity to earn money which I think has been long overdue in womens sport.I think its fantastic this is probably the first time some of these superstars can earn some really big money.The Swifts unveiled on Thursday a hugely depleted, youth-heavy roster for next year, with just four players from this seasons squad staying on and only one Diamonds representative in Paige Hadley.Abbey McCulloch, Amy Sommerville and Maddy Turner - all named in the recent Netball Australia emerging talent camp - have stuck around for another season.The Swifts have also signed Trinidad & Tobago shooter Samantha Wallace, the reigning player of the season from the English Superleague, as well as rising English star Helen Housby and former Adelaide Thunderbirds pair Maddy Proud and Sarah Klau.Wright reckons Wallace, 22, can become a superstar of the competition much like Queenslands Jamaican sensation Romelda Aiken.With the group weve got I truly believe well build a new fanbase, Wright said.NSW Swifts: Paige Hadley, Helen Housby, Sarah Klau, Abbey McCulloch, Claire OBrien, Maddy Proud, Amy Sommerville, Emma Tickner, Maddy Turner, Sammy Wallace. ' ' '